HackerRank Makes the Leap From Spreadsheets to Datajoy’s Full Stack Revenue AnalyticsDownload the story
HackerRank has become the industry standard for technical hiring, with over 2,800 corporate customers, including 25%+ of Fortune 100 companies, and over 18 million developers having completed an online skills assessment.
As the business grew exponentially, the Sales and Operations teams were starting to burst at the seams. The business was being run off a “master spreadsheet” that contained all the key revenue metrics, historical snapshots of CRM data, and multiple tabs, pivots, and formulas. At the same time, individual teams were branching off their own versions to be able to play with the data to suit their specific needs.
WHY HACKERRANK LOVES WORKING WITH DATAJOY
- Clear visibility into projected revenue with 90%+ forecast accuracy
- Saving 10+ hours of manual work for every ad hoc analysis request
- Got up and running in under a month vs DIY data and BI implementation
Spreadsheets as a Revenue Source of Truth
The team spent hours every week on tedious, but critical data work, including snapshots of CRM data, joining different data sets, populating advanced formulas, and of course troubleshooting errors.
Hitting the limits of spreadsheets, HackerRank considered building their own data stack.
Fully Managed Revenue Data and Metrics Stack
- Saved several months and hundreds of thousands of dollars in implementation and maintenance costs
- Eliminated 4+ hours of manual data work every week
Datajoy has automated all the manual data work and provides us pre-built operational dashboards, saving our team 10-15 hours of manual management and analysis.
Forecasting Attainment Without Historical Comparisons
Comparing how his team is performing against the prior year is key to knowing if they’re behind pace and need to focus on certain regions, or if they’re ahead, how to keep it up to overachieve. But with all the historical CRM data spread across different sheets and tabs, it was a struggle to pull and calculate the comparisons.
Data-Driven Forecasting and Operational Dashboards
- 90%+ forecast accuracy going into a quarter
- Ability to self-service key metrics without waiting on supporting analysts
Analyzing Pipe Coverage to Drive Attainment
With over 150 active opportunities at any point in the quarter, it was nearly impossible for the team to properly track pipe movement — what’s pushed out, what’s been pulled in, even changes in deal sizes. But as Sales leaders know, this is crucial to hitting and exceeding targets.
Pipeline Management and Movement Insights
- 4+ hours saved of weekly prep work for 1:1’s and forecast calls
- Ability to create clear paths to attainment for every Sales rep and team
With over 150 deals in the pipeline every quarter, it became close to impossible managing and analyzing our pipe in spreadsheets. With Datajoy, I now have full visibility into my pipeline, how we’re pacing against the prior year, and where the pipe has moved week over week.
Discovering Revenue Impacting Warning Signs Early
For example, the Commercial segment of their business is fairly run-rate, but it isn’t until after a bookings miss, that the team then looks up-funnel to analyze what caused the miss. At this point, it takes the team 10+ hours of manual data wrangling and analysis to discover the root cause, but the need for early warning alerts still remains.
Funnel Trends With Automated Insights & Alerts
- 10+ hours saved for any ad hoc analysis requests
- Early warning alerts set up for top funnel metrics to ensure proper coverage